Times I wish my parents were there for me:
Moving 3000 miles
Feeling sad
Missing home
Making friends
Taking care of myself
Looking nice
Moving another 3000 miles
Being bullied
Feeling unsafe
Making friends
Getting my period
Puberty
Having relationships
Being a friend
Feeling good about myself
Being ill
Going to university
Making friends
Feeling unsafe
Having a boyfriend
Having sex
Being ill
Going to graduate school
Being bullied
Leaving graduate school
Dating
Making friends
Moving to England
Getting married
Buying a house
Infertility
Being ill
Feeling sad
Things I wish my parents didn't do:
Take me away from my family and friends
Hit me
Tell me I'm fat, ugly, stupid, and mean
Tell me that I'm not good enough
Yell at me for not doing something to their standards
Yell at me for answering honestly
Yell at me for my feelings
Yell at each other
Yell at each other about me
Ignore me when I'm sad
Punish me when I'm angry
Avoid talking about anything meaningful
Avoid me
Read on the NHS Choices blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.