Saturday, 30 July 2011

Fantasy

I used to escape by writing stories. I built entire worlds in my head and lived for hours in my imagination. Hours turned into days turned into years, and suddenly I couldn't write anymore because why put down words when in the space of a breath I could be there in my mind, walking those paths, touching those characters, feeling the emotions I was never allowed to feel as Eliza.

Yes, I may have lost a childhood but the places I spent instead were magical (literally). I know they were not real, but they are the playgrounds of my heart. I grew up in my mind.

So apologies to everyone if I find it hard to leave. Fantasy is one defense I am not yet willing to lose.




Have you heard? Have you heard about this girl who was ripped up by her roots?
Have you heard what she learned? Like humility, you win when you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.